The Accu-Chek Performa II Blood Glucose Meter makes blood glucose monitoring quick and easy using just a tiny drop of blood. The meter uses Accu-Chek Performa test strips sold separately) and an Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device (included). This device provides alerts to remind you to monitor your blood glucose before and after meals.
The Accu-Chek Performa II gives results in just 3 steps:
- Insert your test strip into the meter, which turns it on automatically.
- Acquire a small drop of blood by pricking your fingertip with the lancing device and apply your blood sample to the easy-to-see yellow window.
- In approximately 5 seconds, your test results will appear in the easy-to-read display.
Note: This blood glucose kit includes an Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device and a carry bag. (Accu-Chek Performa test strips and replacement lancet drums for the lancing device are sold separately.)
- Large, easy-to-read display.
- Used with easy-to-handle Accu-Chek Performa test strips.
- Uses a tiny blood sample: only 0.6µL of blood required.
- Fast results in 5 seconds.
- No coding needed, making the monitoring process quick and easy.
- No set-up required; the device is ready to use right out of the box.
- Set up to 4 pre- or post-meal alerts, so you never forget to monitor.
- Automatically turns on when you insert a test strip.
- Saves energy by turning off automatically when you’re finished testing.
- Time and memory are saved for up to 72 hours if the battery is removed.
- Unique serial number printed on a label on the device and stored in non-volatile memory.
Measuring principle: Mutant variant of quinoprotein glucose dehydrogenase (Mut. Q-GDH), electrochemical
Measuring time: 5s (approx.)
Measuring conditions: Temperature: 8°C to 44°C
Storage conditions: -25°C to + 70°C
Memory capacity: Up to 500 total results, plus 20 control tests
Test averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days
Data transfer: Infrared (IR) (used for downloading results to a Windows computer using Accu-Chek 360° Diabetes Management software (available separately from Accu-Check))
Device Dimensions: 94 x 52 x 21 mm
Device Weight: 59 g (with battery)
Display: Large LCD display with symbols
Beep tone: Yes (factory setting ON)
Battery: 1 battery, 3-volt lithium coin-cell type CR2032
Battery life: Approximately 2,000 measurements
Auto power off: After 2 minutes undisturbed with strip inserted, or if powered on but left undisturbed for 2 minutes
Underdosing detection: Yes
Altitude independence: 0 to 3,094 m
Sample size: 0.6 µL
Measuring range: 10 mg/dL – 600 mg/dL (0.6 mmol/L – 33.3 mmol/L)
Hematocrit range: 10 to 65%
Test strip stability: 18 months after production date; test strips remain stable up to expiry date printed on test strip vial, even after opening (test strip container must be closed tightly after each test strip is removed)