The Pelican Stand Up Chair Alarm has a sensor pad that is placed on top of a chair or wheelchair. The alarm is triggered when the person gets up from the chair. This system may be suitable for people who need the assistance of a carer when they stand up due to dementia or mobility issues. The alarm can be placed near the chair to use it as a reminder not to stand up.
- This system sets off an alarm when the person's weight is no longer detected by the sensor pad.
- The pad contains a Sensor Sheet that connects to the Alarm Box (Alarm Box with Capacitor type) via a cable.
- If the alarm box is placed near the chair, the noise may help the person to remember not to stand up, as it will stop when they sit down again.
- The pad has a soft velour cover on top and a non-slip rubber material underneath.
- The system has a built-in delay of about 1 second to prevent it from setting off a false alarm when the person is just changing their seating position.
- The outer velour cover can be hand or machine washed at up to 80°C and air dried or tumble dried on a cool setting.
- The inner beige vinyl cover can be wiped clean with a mild hospital-grade disinfectant and must be allowed to dry before use or storage.
- The internal Contact Sheet (located inside the vinyl cover) cannot be cleaned.
- Replacement internal Contact Sheets are available on request.
- Pad Dimensions: 41cm x 42cm
- Alarm Box Type: Alarm Box with Capacitor
- Alarm cord length: 1m